Sunday, February 8, 2015

Story that I like— Winter Dreams

Out of all the stories we recently read I like the story “Winter Dreams” by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I really like this story because it embodies the brutal reality of life. It is actually sad that Dexter spent a large chunk of his life trying to get away from his status is born with—a middle class boy to a rich owner of a company. He wanted Judy Jones not only because she is charming, beautiful, and daring, but she also represents wealth to Dexter. Dexter tried everything to get Judy, but he did not succeed in the end, and just like that, his dreams faded away. This story showed some everyday scenarios we might face, it also shows how things we feel have the highest value now might fade in the future, such as Judy Jones beauty. Overall I enjoyed reading this book; I find the ending quite beautiful and really pushed the theme out for the reader to understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment