
I would say the quote “good fences make good neighbors” is true, and you don’t have to have no boundaries between your neighbors to be close to them. I remember when I was in Canada as a kid, there is tall black fences separating our backyard from our neighbor’s backyard. Our neighbor had two kids at that time and they often play those big colorful plastic bouncy balls in the summer. The balls always get over the fence and trespass to our backyard so I had to help them get the ball and give it back to them. I don’t know how it happened, but this formed a friendship between me and the neighbor’s kids, we played ball across our fences, just throwing the ball in between those black fences. Sometimes in the summer we will eat popsicles together across the fences while talking about things at school, since we go to different schools. It was fun, we never got to ride a bike or go to the playground together outside of our backyard, but that friendship to me at that time was one of a kind. Il believed that good fences make good neighbors, you don’t have to tell them your everything to be at good relationship with them. A simple act of kindness could bring you happiness and even another friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment