Saturday, August 30, 2014

Something that interests me in our textbook 

So far, we have read several stories, I like the excerpt from “The Interesting Life of Olaudah Equiano.” The story described the cruelty and greed of human beings. I was deeply impressed by Olaudah Equiano’s writing, because he wrote the autobiography with such highly educated language. In the excerpt of his autobiography, he is an African boy that was kidnapped from his house with his sister. In the autobiography, he described how he was scared when he was kidnapped, and how he felt hollow and empty when he and his sister were separated. He also described how bad the condition were on the slave ship. I really like this story, is filled with imageries, making me imagine his condition as a slave that have no freedom.

Science fair ideas 

For science fair, I want to do a project that has to do with helping our environment. Like the experiment I did last year, which is about using popcorn instead of Styrofoam filling for our mail packages. It is an experiment that relates to our everyday life and it helps out the environment. I want to do a similar one this year




My Personal Interests 

I have a lot of interests. My interests include drawing, making crafts and reading. I love reading a lot, because it just makes me calm down. It's funny how reading a book is just as fun as watching tv for me.  Making crafts is considered a thing I really like to do. I like to make things myself instead of just buying it at a store. Not only it looks more personalized when I make it myself, it also makes me very happy making them. I like going on pintrest to gather ideas and inspirations for making crafts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment